Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Lost in Cyberspace

I wrote this sitting in the airport, over a week ago, where I was paying $10/hr for wi-fi access, waiting 2 or 3 minutes for pictures to load, and just as I was about the push the "POST" button, the last hour of internet access I had paid for timed out and I gave up updating this blog until I was done traveling. So, after a nearly 3 day adventure trying to get back home (don't ask, I might tell, but it's more of a story than I'd like to reveal at this time), and then a second domestic trip to the North American Burn Society meeting, I am now nearly 3 weeks since being home.

IN JOHANNESBURG:

As I sit in the airport during my 10 hour layover in Johannesburg (which is a story all by itself that maybe I will tell later since I was supposed to be in London), I am feverishly trying to update the blog I so wanted to keep during this trip. We did have internet access at the hospital nearly everday, but as one of the registars (the eqivalent of a resident) had put it, the reliability of the signal depended on what side of the bed you had gotten up on that morning. Most days you could check your email, but not much else.



I maybe could have updated the blog with text only. But I think that sometimes the pictures say more than words could ever say. So, I am getting done what I can with this pay by the hour wi-fi, that still takes WAY TOO long and sometimes several tries for pictures to load.

No comments:

Post a Comment